Monday, November 10, 2008

A Great Day






O.K. so the election is over. History has been made, let us just hope that President-Elect Obama is up to the task and will do no lasting damage to our freedoms. Having now covered this topic I would like to describe a great day I had. Melinda has a great gift for knowing what can make me happy. With a birthday coming up in a few days she recognized that I might be happy with a new dog. I believe that this idea came after she read my last blog about dogs. A few days ago an opportunity came for me to get a rescue dog from Cheyenne. Not just any dog but a 5 month old registered Brittany Spaniel named Sandi. On Saturday Miller, Mary and I drove to Douglas and met the people who were giving up Sandi. After some tears by those saying goodbye to Sandi, we loaded her into the Tahoe and headed for home. All and all she has settled in pretty well, she is not as well trained as we were led to believe. The up side of this is that we can train her as we want to. I have been interested to see if Sandi had any hunting instincts, this morning as I was following her on her morning walk she came to point and flushed a pheasant, then flushed three more. I was pretty excited, this dog can hunt. I waited until about 9am and called an old hunting buddy to see if he was doing anything today and if he knew of a good place to hunt pheasants. He said well you got a new dog and I got a new shotgun sounds like a deal. We met at 10am and within 30 minutes were hunting. To make a potentially long story short, Sandi did pretty well for her first day hunting. I got to shoot my gun several times, I was able to spend time with a good friend I haven’t hunted with for years and we got our limit of pheasants. My back hurts, I’m tired but I can’t stop smiling, I called Melinda and said “I had a great day”! I hope to have more great days recognizing of course that there will be some crap days mixed in। I hope you had a great day and if not I hope you have one real soon.

No comments: